I know Christmas is right around the corner, but I had to share this DIY because I love Christmas ornaments that are KITSCHY! I have a bunch from my grandmother that she made years ago that are handmade. Some are clay and others are hand sewn with stuffing in them. I personally love the hand sewn ornaments, and I had a bunch of felt that I needed to use. I thought it would be easy and fun to make a fortune cookie with the supplies I had, so here it goes!
What you’ll need
- polyester stuffing
- felt – i chose a yellow color for the fortune cookie
- embroidery thread or thread that matches the color of the felt
- a needle and scissors
- a piece of paper to write your fortune on
- Cut a circle out of the felt to whatever the desired size of your ornament will be.
- Fold the circle in half and make a few (5 or 6) whipped stitches in the middle of the folded circle.
- Now once you open the circle slightly back up, this will form the bend of the fortune cookie.
- Place your stuffing inside the cookie.
- Place the end of the fortune paper you wrote to one side of the cookie.
- Make a running stitch along the outside of the cookie’s edge, making sure you stitch through the paper to secure it.
- Take your needle at the middle/top part of the cookie and secure a loop of thread so you can hang the ornament!
Pin it for later!