Fall is finally here, and it got me in the mood to make some of my own fall decor! I decided to make some cute fabric pumpkins and they took me about 10 minutes to make, that’s it! Here’s what you’ll need
DIY Fabric Pumpkins
Craft Supplies Needed
- fabric – I used muslin
- needle and thread, preferably a color that matches the fabric
- twine – I used cooking twine
- cinnamon stick
- cardstock paper
- glue or hot glue
- Cut a circle in your fabric, whatever size you’d like. I’d cut out a circle bigger than you think you’ll need, you’d be surprised how much smaller they turn out!
- Tie a knot in your thread and make a running stitch around the outside of the fabric. (You’ll end up making a “purse string” stitch.)
- Pull halfway closed and put the stuffing in the fabric and pull closed. Make sure to pack the stuffing in tight so that your pumpkin is a good, consistent shape. When you’re happy with the shape, tie a knot in the top and trim the thread.
- Take your twine and place across the base of the pumpkin. Make a little stitch to secure the string onto the bottom of the pumpkin. This will make it easier to criss cross the twine so that it stays in place.
- Act like you’re tying a present and cross the twine 3 times as pictured and secure with a knot.
- Place the cinnamon stitch in the top of the pumpkin.
- Cut a few strips of card stock and curl around a pencil. Secure to the top of the pumpkin with hot glue.
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy fall decorating craft! I styled these pumpkins with some fresh pine and a fall scented candle on our dining room table. 🙂
pin for later!