<< Back To All Embroidery Stitches
The split stitch is a type of embroidery outline stitch that forms a thin line. It is great for outlining shapes and letters and is super simple to do!
Split Stitch Step By Step
- Make one straight stitch at A.
- Go up through the center of the stitch you just made at B.
- Skip ahead and make another straight stitch at C.
- Repeat desired length.
- Make sure each stitch is the same length.
- Use an even number of strands of thread
- To create a smooth line along curves, shorten up the stitch length