In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to embroider a bee. Using 3 basic stitches, you can make a cute and simple bumble bee. You could even add a few running stitches to trail behind it to make it zip around!
Disclaimer: This post has some affiliate links in it. I receive a small commission from purchases at no additional cost to the buyer. I only recommend products I would use and love and that are of good quality. All opinions are my own!
Supplies you’ll Need
- A small embroidery hoop
- Embroidery Needle
- Embroidery Thread – I recommend DMC
- Embroidery Scissors
- Water soluble or heat erasable pen
- Linen or cotton fabric – Kona cotton is my favorite
- Make horizontal satin stitches to fill in the head, middle stripe, and bottom of the body using 3 strands black thread.
- Fill in the remaining stripes with horizontal satin stitches using 3 strands of yellow thread.
- Make two lazy daisy on each side of the body using 6 strands of light grey. The top wing can be slightly longer than the bottom wing.
- Using 2 strands of black thread, make straight stitches for the antenna, top legs, and back stitch the bottom legs.
More Fun Bumble Bee Patterns
Looking for another way to embroider a bee? Check out some of these amazing patterns!