In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to embroider a bee. Using 3 basic stitches, you can make a cute and simple bumble bee. You could even add a few running stitches to trail behind it to make it zip around!
Disclaimer: This post has some affiliate links in it. I receive a small commission from purchases at no additional cost to the buyer. I only recommend products I would use and love and that are of good quality. All opinions are my own!
Supplies you’ll Need
- A small embroidery hoop
- Embroidery Needle
- Embroidery Thread – I recommend DMC
- Embroidery Scissors
- Water soluble or heat erasable pen
- Linen or cotton fabric – Kona cotton is my favorite
- Make horizontal satin stitches to fill in the head, middle stripe, and bottom of the body using 3 strands black thread.
- Fill in the remaining stripes with horizontal satin stitches using 3 strands of yellow thread.
- Make two lazy daisy on each side of the body using 6 strands of light grey. The top wing can be slightly longer than the bottom wing.
- Using 2 strands of black thread, make straight stitches for the antenna, top legs, and back stitch the bottom legs.
More Fun Bumble Bee Patterns
Looking for another way to embroider a bee? Check out some of these amazing patterns!
More Mini Embroidery Designs
Amanda is a hand embroidery artist and teacher. With over 15 years of experience in the craft industry and embroidery, she owns and runs Crewel Ghoul, sharing tutorials and patterns to help inspire fellow crafters to get inspired and creative. In addition to running this website, she teaches on Skillshare and Youtube.