<< Back To All Embroidery Stitches
The bullion knot is a raised embroidery stitch that is great when you want to add a more 3-dimensional feel to your embroidery. It is great to use for things like roses and flower buds.
- Come up through the fabric at A and grab the fabric with your needle at B and C.
- Twist the thread around the top of the needle.
- Continue twisting the thread around the needle until the length is approximately the same length as the fabric your needle is grabbing.
- Pull the needle through and scrunch up the stitches.
- Go back down through the fabric at the base of the knot to secure.
- Make sure not to make the twists super tight on the needle or it will be hard to pull the needle and thread through the fabric.
- Use an embroidery needle that doesn’t have a super large eye. The eye can get caught in the twists.