The Palestrina stitch is a decorative embroidery border stitch that looks like a line of knots or beads.
Palestrina Stitch Tutorial
- Make one straight stitch.
- Come up directly beside the base of the stitch at A.
- Go under the straight stitch from right to left at B.
- Now you will have a loop that forms around the stitch. Place your needle under the “leg” of the stitch on the right at C and over the working thread. Pull tight.
- Skip a tiny bit of space and bring your thread back down at D.
- Repeat steps 2 – 5.