The Palestrina stitch is a decorative embroidery border stitch that looks like a line of knots or beads.
Palestrina Stitch Tutorial
- Make one straight stitch.
- Come up directly beside the base of the stitch at A.
- Go under the straight stitch from right to left at B.
- Now you will have a loop that forms around the stitch. Place your needle under the “leg” of the stitch on the right at C and over the working thread. Pull tight.
- Skip a tiny bit of space and bring your thread back down at D.
- Repeat steps 2 – 5.
Amanda is a hand embroidery artist and teacher. With over 15 years of experience in the craft industry and embroidery, she owns and runs Crewel Ghoul, sharing tutorials and patterns to help inspire fellow crafters to get inspired and creative. In addition to running this website, she teaches on Skillshare and Youtube.