I wanted to share this simple free embroiery pattern with instructions on how to complete it step by step today! It’s a really great embroidery for anyone of any level to make, and it has some basic stitches that I think everybody should learn! I’ll include photos and instructions for each step as well as the colors I used! If you’re not familiar with the stitches, you can refer to them from one of my other blog posts right here.
Disclaimer: This post has some affiliate links in it. I receive a small commission from purchases at no additional cost to the buyer. I only recommend products I would use and love and that are of good quality. All opinions are my own!
- DMC floss ( I used colors 310, 721, 726, 988, 3843)
- embroidery needle
- 7 inch embroidery hoop
- fabric ( i used white kona fabric)
- water soluble marker or pencil
Side note: I did want to let you all know that I recently purchased Kona fabric and I absolutely love it! There were a bunch of people that had been recommending it and I finally tried it out…I totally wish I would have tried it sooner! It’s really easy to embroider on and comes in a bunch of different colors!
Download the Stencil
How to Embroider the Flowers
- Make satin stitches with blue.
2. For the center of the flowers, make french knots with yellow.
3. I also added a straight stitch with yellow in the center of the flower petals
How To Embroider the Leaves
4. Back stitch the stems with green.
5. Make detached chain stitches for the leaves.
Outline The Sewing Machine
6. Back stitch the outline of the sewing machine. Leave the thread alone, as we’ll be stitching that with a different color.
Stitch the Spool of Thread
7. Embroider the spool of thread with orange. Start by making horizontal stitches. Then make some diagonal stitches over top of the horizontal stitches. Then, make a few diagonal stitches over top of the other stitches going the other direction so that the thread looks like its wrapped around the spool.
8. Using orange still, stitch the thread running across and through the sewing machine using one strand of the embroidery floss.
I really hope that you enjoyed this tutorial! If you’d like to try another project, you can check out more here: